Dr. Kevin Johnson, Lt Col, USAFR, Ret., was raised in Minnesota, studied as an undergraduate in England, received a Masters Degree in Communication from LSU, and secured an Air Force Health Professions Scholarship for his Doctor of Optometry Degree at the University of Houston, TX, graduating in 1995.
He served on active duty in the United States Air Force in Colorado and The Republic of Panama before settling down in Hendersonville, TN in 2003, where he and his lovely wife TK marvel at the joy and challenges of raising 2 young boys named Paul and Luke. Free time includes golf, fishing, biking and kid fun.
Dr. Johnson brings over 25 years of extensive civilian and military eyecare experience to his optometric practice.
He is board certified in therapeutics to treat and manage ocular disease, spending the last decade in an ophthalmic surgery clinic, caring for LASIK, cataract and glaucoma patients. He continues to enjoy annual reserve duty in the 10th Aerospace Flight Medicine Squadron at the U.S Air Force Academy, where our nation’s future fighter pilots receive premier eyecare ranging from LASIK surgery to specialty contact lens fitting.
- Professional memberships include AFOS, TAOP, AMSUS, ALLDOCS and MTOPS
- Medical externship at The Braverman Eye Surgery Center in Miami, FL
- Primary Care externship at Barber’s Point Naval Base in Oahu, HI
- U.S. Air Force Air Command and Staff College Graduate
- “Top Eye” Aerospace Optometry F-16 Certification
- Lt. Colonel in United States Air Force Reserves
- Expanded Scope of Practice Credentialing
The Johnson i-Care missions is to deliver a signature eyecare experience. We aim to “love your eyes” with amazing technology at an affordable price. We hope to exceed your expectations with tailored customer service, and become your family’s trusted eye care home.
See Dr. Johnson when you visit Johnson i-Care in Hendersonville, TN – Schedule an appointment today!